Registrations are now open for Australia’s leading digital fundraising conference, with top experts set to share digital fundraising ideas that will revolutionise how charities raise money in the new decade.
The Digi.Raise conference will be held over two days beginning Tuesday 16 June at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. The theme for this year’s conference is “digital fundraising in the new decade”.
A super earlybird discount is available for people who register and pay by 16 April, with F&P subscribers able to save up to $816 over the regular registration price by booking early.
International best practice digital fundraising
A highlight of the conference will be a best-practice masterclass presented by international speakers from the British Columbia Society for Cruelty to Animals (BCSPCA) on how to invest for a digital fundraising future.
According to North American digital benchmarking program M+R Benchmarks, the BCSPCA has grown its digital fundraising to 18% above the benchmark over a five-year period. Nearly one quarter of all its fundraising income and 60% of all new donors are now coming in online.
Shoni Field and Charly Jarrett, BCSPCA’s Chief Development Officer and Senior Officer Digital & Direct Response, will share their international best practice digital fundraising techniques.
Delegates at their session will learn how to:
- identify where on the digital maturity spectrum your organisation falls
- identify where you need to invest in innovation, people and technology
- position digital fundraising within your organisation for maximum impact.
In another masterclass, Luke Edwards, one of Australia’s leading digital fundraising experts and the Director of Elevate Fundraising, will share his strategies, tips and tactics for acquiring donors online.
Edwards will reveal his insights into how to:
- acquire leads, single gift donors and regular givers online
- create an online acquisition campaign and the key elements for success
- forecast, budget and plan your digital spend
- leverage the power of the people and increase social referrals
- engage prospects to increase conversion and deepen the connection with your cause
- build an effective landing page that converts interest to donations (on a small budget)
- use the key digital channels such as Facebook, email, web and more
- tips and techniques to optimise your activity and improve ROI.
Online fundraising ideas and case studies
Beyond the masterclasses, the conference will feature a host of case studies, thought leadership and practical how-to sessions that will help charities raise more money online.
One such case study will reveal how Ronald McDonald House Charities (Greater Western Sydney) increased its fundraising from $3,000 to $143,000 in just one year by switching its tax and Christmas appeals over to a 100% digital campaign.
Other topics to be discussed at Digi.Raise in 2020 include:
- how to use multi-touch attribution to optimise digital marketing
- how to execute successful two-step digital acquisition and regular giving conversion programs
- the power of video for digital fundraising
- using e-commerce and engaging branded merchandise to build a sustainable revenue stream
- best practice techniques for scoping a new fundraising website
- remarketing tactics that can improve lead conversion, reduce cost per acquisition and achieve a better ROI
- How to strengthen donor relationships using SMS
- how 20 organisations tackled online giving as part of their Christmas appeals in 2019
- annual testing strategies and an iterative data-based decision making and implementation
The 2020 Digi.Raise conference is packed with digital fundraising ideas, including inspiration, best practice and case studies. It will help you raise more money online. Don’t miss out!